[yellowdog-announce] YDL v4.0 & G5 Xserve Support update: 2004 06/02

Wed Jun 2 18:38:00 2004

Yellow Dog Enthusiasts:

G5 Xserve Support.
Just 48 hours after our last PR
(http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/news/2004/2004-05-26.shtml) we gained full
thermal (fan) support for the G5 Xserves. While we work to better understand
Apple's implementation and fine-tune the code, they now run quiet yet cool.
You may order G5 Xserves and Cluster Nodes from
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/ pre-installed with a beta
v3.0.1/Y-HPC hybrid.

YDL v4.0.
Yes, we are a bit behind our intended and previously announced schedule for
the release of Yellow Dog Linux v4.0. We have simultaneously chosen to tackle
a few relatively small, but intense and exciting projects certain to catch
your attention when announced. We will wrap-up v4.0 as soon as is humanly
possible. Shooting for mid-June to offer ISOs from YDL.net Enhanced.

In closing, many of you have emailed us, offering assistance and suggestions.
Every email is well received and appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
kai