[yellowdog-announce] An update from Terra Soft: Apple, PowerPC, Linux: 2005 06/21

yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 21 16:01:29 MDT 2005

Yellow Dog Linux Enthusiasts,

Per my original posting (2005-06-06), I am pleased to provide an update to
Terra Soft's role in the opportunities unfolding. I want to make clear that
PowerPC is NOT dead. Apple is one of many PowerPC OEMs. In fact, Terra Soft
has been working for several years to broaden the opportunity for Power Linux
solutions. With Apple's announcement, those plans have been accelerated and
new opportunities have presented themselves.

IBM, Freescale, Mercury/Momentum, Genesi, Terra Soft and others are rallying
to fill the void created by Apple's departure and expand the Power
Architecture marketplace. Initiatives such as Power.org will help ensure the
Power family will reach its full potential.

Very much in the mix, Terra Soft is helping to drive this continued evolution.
We are proud to be called upon by industry leaders to help define the future
of Power and Linux, ensuring collaborative innovation and a commitment to
Linux and open standards.

The summer will give rise to a number of interviews, articles, and press
releases including features by Linux User (UK), Linux Journal, and
LinuxInsider --all helping to paint a clear picture of the bold future of the
Linux and the Power Architecture family.

As part of the broadening opportunity, look for intriguing, new offerings from
Terra Soft in the coming days. Thank you for your steadfast enthusiasm for
Power and Yellow Dog Linux.

Sincerely,
Kai Staats, CEO
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.