[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft delivers variety of systems in spring '05: 2005 06/30

yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 30 08:03:10 MDT 2005

Terra Soft Associates,

Terra Soft has this spring enjoyed a diverse array of challenging, enjoyable
customer projects. I am proud to briefly showcase the following, hi-profile
customers who have purchased integrated HPC solutions from Terra Soft, all
running Y-HPC.

I do hope to bring a full story for each of these to the Customer Showcase
portion of our website before the close of the summer (but sometimes it is
more challenging to extract a story than to close the original deal):
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/realworld/

1) Boeing:
 - Delivered April '05.
 - 65 Xserves + RAID w/Y-HPC.
 - Function: [Not for disclosure at this time].

2) Boeing/Airforce:
 - (on-going systems for Airforce B1 flight training)

3) LLNL:
 - Delivered fall '04; Moved into the "vault" spring '05.
 - 18 Xserves + dual RAID w/Y-HPC.
 - Function: [Not for disclosure at this time].

4) Sandia:
 - Assembled Tuesday; configured/trained staff yesterday.
 - 18 Xserves w/Y-HPC.
 - Function: Molecular modeling, computational chemistry.

5) [major U.S. TELCO]:
 - Built HA/Fail-over server assembly, March '05.
 - 2 Xserves w/Y-HPC. 2 RAID cabinets.
 - Function: Serve more than 60,000 email/web customers.

6) Argonne National Lab:
 - Currently in burn-in; To be received first week of July '05.
 - 50 Xserves w/Y-HPC. 1 G5 Power Mac build-box.
 - Function: Bioinformatics.

... the Argonne cluster is completing burn-in in our new 1700 sq-ft cluster
construction facility which features a 24' ceiling, 2-ton ceiling crane, and
highly scalable power and cooling for large scale projects.

Sincerely,
Kai Staats, CEO
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.