[yellowdog-announce] YDL v4.1 goes Gold-Master --again.

yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 3 18:56:46 MST 2006

Yellow Dog Enthusiasts,

In late January, we made the decision to pull our gold-master ISOs from
replication in order to correct 3 bugs which were brought to our attention by
YDL.net Enhanced subscribers. While a difficult decision to make, and the
delay frustrating, the extra time and effort improved the quality of YDL v4.1
which is of course, the higher goal.

However, one bug which concerns dual and quad-core G5 Power Macs remains open.
We put our best into this issue, but as with all software projects a line
must be drawn and the product must ship. As such, this bug is not a
show-stopper and the work-around requires less than a minute,
post-installation.

Anti-bug instructions are provided in the '/ftp/enhanced/iso/' directory of
YDL.net Enhanced accounts as well as on the our hardware support pages:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/

Gold-master CD-Rs are again on their way to our replication facility. YDL v4.1
Geek and Box Sets will ship from our Store and resellers world-wide in
roughly 2 weeks. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and on-going
support.

Sincerely,
Kai Staats, CEO
Terra Soft Solutions