[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Ships Bioinformatics Package for Power, x86 Linux: 2006 01/03

yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 3 11:07:35 MST 2006

Bioinformaticists,

We are pleased to announce the shipment of Y-Bio, our first solution for the
growing life sciences market. Launched at SC2005
(http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/news/2005/2005-11-14.shtml), Y-Bio is
built upon the RPM Linux standard for package management, offering industry
standards NCBI BLAST, EMBOSS, Glimmer, ClustalW, HMMER, Wise, and FastA --
tools for genetic sequence analysis.

Terra Soft's Y-Bio web interface enables genomics researchers to benefit from
unified data management, input, and execution. Terra Soft's Y-Bio improves
upon existing Pise-based offerings as follows:
 - Support for both Power and x86 Linux platforms.
 - RPM compliance with Yellow Dog, Red Hat, and SuSE Linux.
 - Simple installation, update, and package removal via yum and Up2Date.
 - Secure web and shell interfaces.
 - Flat HTML replaced with database-driven PHP.
 - Execution on a single computer or large-scale cluster via Torque.

Y-Bio is shipping now with workstation and cluster licenses starting at just
$9500.

     For more information on Y-Bio, visit:
     www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/y-bio/

     To purchase Y-Bio, visit: