[yellowdog-announce] Mercury hosts Birds of a Feather on the Cell BE Processor, SC2006

Announce List for all Terra Soft products (moderated) yellowdog-announce at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 13 22:29:54 MST 2006

Terra Soft Associates,

Join Mercury & Terra Soft for a Birds of a Feather event at SC2006:
http://www.imakenews.com/mercurycomputer/index000150292.cfm?x=b8pLHVC,b67RSjJ9

	Title: Cell BE Processor in HPC
	Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006
	Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm

	Presenters:
	Robert Cooper, Mercury
	Kai Staats, Terra Soft
	Fabrizio Petrini, Pacific Northwest Labs

	Location: Ballroom A, Tampa Convention Center

Topics of discussion may include:
How can the Cell BE Processor be leveraged in HPC? What ecosystem and
infrastructure is available to support HPC application developers that wish
to leverage the capabilities of the processor today? What software choices
are available for programming cell? Is Linux ready for cell yet? What
hardware choices are available now or soon to deploy Cell? What examples of
success can we look at to best understand the processor's strengths and
weaknesses? What is missing today in the ecosystem that could help make Cell
better suited to HPC? What kinds of performance are we seeing from Cell?