[yellowdog-announce] Fixstars' Back to School Sale: Press Release July 21, 2009
Announce List for all Fixstars Solutions products (moderated)
yellowdog-announce at lists.fixstars.com
Tue Jul 21 08:09:53 MDT 2009
Fixstars' Back to School Sale; Up to 30% Off
LOVELAND, COLORADO, 21 July 2009 - Fixstars today kicked off the Back to
School Sale on YDL PowerStations and on PLAYSTATION®3 clusters, offering
10-30% discounts on certain systems until August 31, 2009.
The YDL PowerStation, a rock solid Power workstation, is available for
only $1,125, a discount of 10% off of the regular price of $1,250.
The PowerStation features include:
- Quad-core 2.5GHz IBM 970MP CPUs with native 32/64-bit processing.
- Single 70GB SAS drive with room for 4 SAS drives.
- 2 GB RAM. Upgradable to 32 GB RAM.
- Dual Gigabit ethernet.
- 4 on-board USB 1.0 ports.
- Belkin USB 2.0 5-Port PCI Express card pre-installed.
- 2 RS232; 1 console-only (VTY) serial via RJ45 connector.
- Yellow Dog Linux v6.2 pre-installed.
- Deskside tower chassis with easy access to all interior components and
available rack mount kit.
Fixstars' already cost effective Sony PLAYSTATION®3 clusters are even
more affordable with 8 node clusters for only $14,995 and 16 node
clusters for $19,995. The 32 node cluster is available for $32,995, 30%
off of the regular price.
Each cluster features:
- Quad-core 970MP PowerStation head node with 2GB of RAM.
- 8, 16, or 32 80GB Sony PLAYSTATION®3s.
- All required Cat6 Ethernet cables and one 48-port Gigabit Ethernet
- Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux v6.1 with the Y-HPC Cluster Construction
v2.1 Suite pre-installed.
- Cluster Resources' Moab cluster management suite, pre-installed.
- Mouse, Keyboard, and Display.
- 20 Hours of technical support.
Sale prices are effective until August 31, 2009. To learn more or to
place your order, visit the Fixstars Store:
Fixstars, a pioneer in the Multi-core
industry, is a leading provider for services and solutions for such
processors as the Cell Broadband Engine and GPU. Since 2008 Fixstars, in
conjunction with Broadcast International, has been focused on
optimization, product development, and marketing for the innovative
CodecSys software for Multi-Core platforms. In addition, Fixstars offers
complete Multi-core ecosystem including turn-key products ideal for the
Financial, Medical, Manufacturing, and Digital Media markets. Founded in
2002, Fixstars is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary Fixstars
Solutions in San Jose, CA and Loveland, CO.
For more information, visit us.fixstars.com
GigaAccel, Yellow Dog Linux, YDL, Y-HPC, and Y-Film are registered
trademarks of Fixstars Corporation. IBM, PXCAB, and POWER are trademarks
of IBM Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Linux is
a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. Additional product and company
names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their
More information about the yellowdog-announce