OpenOffice.org 641d (last release before 1.0) for PPC Linux

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 1 07:33:01 2002

Forwarding this from Kevin...
--

Hi,

The latest release of OpenOffice.org (build 641d) for PPC Linux is now
available! OpenOffice.org basically supplies an almost drop in
replacement for Microsoft Office (and is getting better with every
release).

This will be our *last* release before going 1.0!

So we need your help to find and report bugs so that the upcoming
OpenOffice.org 1.0 works well for everyone.

New in this release
----------------------

- lots of stability improvements and bug fixes

- many font related bugs squashed / works well with XFree 86 4.2.0

- KDE and GNOME desktop integration

- greatly improved spellchecking speed and stability

- lots of new dictionaries available from:
http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/lingucomponent/download_dictionary.html

For more information including the full source code/ release notes /
FAQs,
etc check out the OpenOffice.org website: http://www.openoffice.org

System Requirements
------------------------

- any ppc linux system with glibc 2.2.X or higher,
- XFree86 4.0 or higher
- 200 meg of free disk space

This includes YellowDogLinux 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2, SuSE 7.3, MandrakeSoft
8.1, 8.2 Beta and Debian PPC. If you have success with any other PPC
distributions, please let me know.

Installation Instructions
-------------------------
Please read the OpenOffice.README_ppclinux for complete install
instructions (installation is very different from most unix programs)

Download Locations
-----------------------
The new home for PPC Linux OpenOffice.org releases is:

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/software/openoffice/

Also available at:

http://ftp.penguinppc.org/projects/openoffice
ftp://ftp.penguinppc.org/projects/openoffice

Please let me know if you can/will mirror this release/

Thank you Dan Burcaw (YDL) for providing a new home of the PPC Linux
OpenOffice.org project. And thanks to Olaf Hering ( of SuSE) and Stew
Benedict (of Mandrakesoft), Jeramy Smith for (penguinppc.org) for
graciously providing download locations for this and earlier releases.

Please support our PPC Linux distributions and buy the latest
distributions, they are helping to bring great new software to you!

Thanks,

Kevin Hendricks
kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca