[FOLLOW-UP] Can't install to SCSI disk

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 2 03:34:01 2002

If anyone's interested, I replaced my ATTO SCSI card with an Adaptec
card, re-ran the Partition, Mount point, and Bootloader sections of
the YDL installer, and now it works!

Of course, now I'm watching Ximian Gnome install at a piddly 2K/sec
on our fractional T3...  :-(

But it works!

...ROMeyn

----------------------
Please disregard my previous post.  I clearly have larger problems. I
can't boot from any of my SCSI disks no matter WHAT OS I put on them!!

...ROMeyn

----------------------

Me again...

I have a G4 tower with a 30GB IDE drive (Mac OS 9/Mac OS X) and a
SCSI card from a Beige G3 MT Server with two 4GB and a 9GB drive.

I had hitherto attempted installation of YDL to the 9GB drive (sdc)
and telling the installer that I wanted to dual-boot and from which
partitions.

Short story:  That didn't work.

I suspected problems with the 9GB drive, so I installed to one of the
4GB drives.

Same problem.  I reboot after installation and telling the installer
that I want Linux as my primary OS, but the damn thing (Mac) boots to
MacOS off the internal HD anyway.

Another oddity, if I remember my Yaboot theory correctly (it's been a
year since I muched around with LinuxPPC on a G4) the bootloader
partition is an HFS partition with a "fake" System Folder.  In
theory, ought not I to be able to see/mount it from OS 9?

I can't.

Help?

Any thoughts?

TIA,