MySQL install from source??

Åke Svensson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 2 19:43:01 2002

Hi guys!

trying to install Mysql (3.23.49) from source onto YDL 2.0 but after reading
all the mysql.com manuals I can't get it to work. The errors I get are:
-"The host 'gatebox' could not be looked up with resolveip.
This probably means that your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible..."
(my hostname is gatebox.linux.lan)
-"/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Fatal error: Can't find messagefile
'/var/lib/mysql/share/mysql/english/errmsg.sys'

Installation of grant tables failed!"

./configure and make and make install all seems to go well but
make_install_db doesn't. I just can't figure it out!

Grateful for any hints!

Regards,

Ake Svensson