MySQL install from source??

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 3 03:53:00 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, [ISO8859-1] Åke Svensson wrote:
>I'll seriuosly consider this but I wonder if using PostgreSQL will make
>things harder to move to other servers (ISP's).

 Good question. I'm fortunate in that we are our own ISP, so I don't have
to worry about this. However, PostgreSQL is really gaining in mainstream
popularity. When we first started using it, there were *no* books, only
online documentation. Now there are at least 7 that I have seen, most of
them really good.

 Also, PHP support for postgres is also really good. Maybe you might be
able to convince your ISP to install it? It might be worth the try.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh