Sleep problems on a PowerBook 3400c

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 3 18:26:02 2002

Hi there. I installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 on my PowerBook 3400c a few
days ago. Everything has been working fine except when I go to put the
laptop to sleep. When I type "snooze", the laptop goes does go to sleep
because the sleep light blinks on and off. Though when I push a key to
wake it up, I hear everything turn back on and after a few seconds this
error message is displayed:

  [root@Laptop power]# snooze
  VFS: busy inodes on changed media.
  Alarm clock
  [root@Laptop power]# PCI: Enabling device 00:0d.0 (0000 -> 0003)
  Machine check in kernel mode.
  Caused by (from SRR1=49030): Transter error ack signal

After that, the laptop just hangs and I can't type anything. I'm trying
this in console mode if that makes a difference. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Michel Kenny