ADB mouse not working on 8500 with yld 2.2

Chris Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 00:19:01 2002

> On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 23:00, Chris Plummer wrote:
> > I just installed yld 2.2 on my 8500 and I can't get the mouse to work.
> > This is my first time using yld. In the past I've used LinuxPPC 2000 on
> > the same machine without any problems.
> >
> > The mouse works fine when I get to the bootx dialog, but once I click
> > the "linux" button and start booting into linux, it never works again.
> >
> > I've chosen the "graphical login" option, so the login dialog is the
> > first real evidence of the mouse not working. The adb keyboard that the
> > mouse is connected to is working fine.
> >
> > Running "/usr/lib/yi/mouse.py" confirms that I have selected the "adb
> > mouse" option and not "usb mouse". Is there anything else I can check or try?
> >
> > My configuration is:
>
> Try switching to the console and edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> If DRI is enabled, disable it. That should make your mouse work in
> the graphical login dialog.  (Also.. does your mouse work in the
> console?)

Yes, the mouse does work in the console, although I'm not really sure
there is any use for it there. :)

I didn't see DRI anywhere in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. The only mouse
related stuff is the following:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option          "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

"Protocol" doesn't look right. Shouldn't it be something like ADB. I
think it believes I have a ps/2 mouse.

Chris