Tulip driver, farallon card

Lynne Cooney yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 12:23:01 2002

Link light is on, but no others. I had this problem a few years ago
installing linuxppc on the same umax. I recall that I had to recompile a
kernel with tulip support. But I see that the driver exists in the modules,
so I'm trying to insmod it. The card is at 0x0800 with irq 23. When I try to
insmod tulip, I get "Device or resource busy."

Can someone point me in the right direction? Obviously, network access is
super important. I was going to take my own oft-repeated advice: "Just get a
3Com card." But they are $100, and this is an old machine, and I HAD the
card working in linuxppc. But it wasn't easy, and of course, my notes are
gone.

Lynne