Tulip driver, farallon card

Sean O. Denney yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 15:14:01 2002

I have a 6400/200 w/ the farallon CommSlot II card. Here are my notes
on getting it to work w/ YDL 2.1:

1. % mkdir /usr/src/modules
2. % cd /usr/src/modules
3. download tulip.c, pci-scan.h, pci-scan.c, and kern-compat.h
   from: www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
4. % tail -10 pci-scan.c
5. locate the compile command, add "-I /usr/src/linux/include -include
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h" to it and compile it
6. % tail -10 tulip.c
7. locate the compile command, add "-I /usr/src/linux/include -include
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h" to it and compile it
8. % insmod pci-scan.o
9. % insmod tulip.o
10. % mkdir /lib/modules/2.4.xxxx/kernel/net/tulip
11. % install -m 644 pci-scan.o tulip.o /lib/modules/2.4.xxxx/kernel/net/tulip/
12. edit /etc/modules.conf and add "alias eth0 tulip"
13. % shutdown -r now
14. % ifconfig lo up
15. % ifconfig wth0 up
16. % netconfig
17. Setup your network parameters
18. % shutdown -r now

That's all that's needed. No kernel re-compile since the tulip module
that comes with the kernel is named differently and won't interfere
with this tulip module.

--- Sean