PowerBook 3400, wrong HWaddr (MAC) found for NIC

Kurt Sheffer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 09:37:01 2002

What version of the MacOS were you running? You might want to see Apple
technote #18731:
Which describes the answer to the following: "After installing System
7.5 Update 2.0 (System 7.5.3) I noticed the Ethernet hardware address of
the computer changed from 00:A0:40:xx:xx:xx to 00:05:02:xx:xx:xx."

Your machine is not listed among those affected, but the problem sounds
so similar...
Long story short, some NICs manufatured circa 1995 had their MAC address
stored in the wrong format,

HTH,
Kurt