PowerBook 3400, wrong HWaddr (MAC) found for NIC

Kurt Sheffer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 10:49:01 2002

	I'm not sure I understand exactly what's happening here... you say
that under Linux, you could not get access using 00:A0:40, nor can you
get access under 00:05:02? Regardless of what address is stored on your
NIC, what address is used on the wire, and what address your OS reports,
I would expect at least one of the two to work. Can you find out what
address another machine on the network sees you as (look in the ARP
cache?)? That's all I can think of to do...