Still no Apple 17" LCD(ADC) support?

Nick (Spunky Cadaver) yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 16:26:00 2002

Is work being done to get ADC connectors working propperly? Or are my
hopes of running YDL on my G4 cube in vain?

>Steve,
>
>Do you have the original Radeon or Radeon 7500?
>The 7500 is very new and will be supported soon.
>The older Radeon should already be supported.
>
>-Dan
>
>On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 08:50, Stephen J. Sanders wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>  I was sufficiently encouraged by the YDL claim of "improved" Radeon support
>>  to purchase YDL 2.2 in the hope of finally getting my Apple 17" LCD working.
>>  The web site suggests this should be possible using a DVI card and going
>>  through a DVI to ADC converter.  Has anyone gotten this to work? My attempts
>>  have failed.
>>  I now own two Radeon cards: One with an ADC connector and the other with the
>>  DVI connector.  The ADC card can be made to work in 8bit mode without
>>  acceleration.  The DVI card works (through a converter and also only 8 bit
>>  depth) but has a seriously screwed up color map.
>>
>>  Regards, Steve

01001110011010010110001101101011

"Windows XP not found: (C)heer, (P)arty, (D)ance?"

"Macintosh -- we might not get everything right, but
atleast we knew the century was going to end."

Spunky Cadaver
Nick Shaff
http://shade.cit.cornell.edu
ICQ - 5473298