2.4.18+ 867 Mhz QuickSilver = totally crazy

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 9 20:37:00 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 hanai@koto.kpu-m.ac.jp wrote:
>I have the same machine (even the amount of ram is the same).  THE
>KERNELs of 2.4.18-preX work like a charm, BUT THE KERNELs of 2.4.19-preX
>(including 2.4.18-ben0 and pre6) do not work, they do not boot the
>machine. In the way of start up process (just after mounting / partition
>with readonly), the machine hangs silently, even does not show any
>kernel debugger message in most cases.

 Hrm, well this looks like something that you should report to the
linuxppc-dev list (linuxppc-dev@lists.linuxppc.org). You're more likely to
get an answer there and a fix as this is where most of the discussions for
PPC kernel development seem to be happening.

 Until then, if you need something that works I can make my /usr/src/linux
dir available as a tarball for anyone who wants something that will
compile on that machine.

Cheers,

Chris

--