network startup at boot

Andy Hocker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 12:06:01 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Mark T. Valites wrote:

> Setting up different runlevels to do this would be easy.
> Since four is unused, I would set this to either have your eth0 enabled
> or not, and 5 (or 3 if you're text) to do the opposite.
> Edit your yaboot.conf to add entries for passing the runlevel to the
> kernel & ybin, pick the appropriate yaboot stanza when booting & you
> should be set.

OK, I've got the concept, but I don't know how to choose the runlevel
with yaboot.conf.  I looked through the yaboot.conf man pages but didn't
see anything on runlevels.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy Hocker                     office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester         phone:     (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318         fax:       (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500                      e:        hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL  60510              hey ho:          let's go