Trying different kernels

Harold Shanafield yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 22:27:01 2002

I have an old Powermac 9500 MP and I wanted to take
advantage of the dual processors.  I noticed there are
several kernels included on the YDL 2.1 install disk.
Before messing around with building my own kernel, can
I just yup the smp kernel in and test to see if there
is a big difference?  I assume I'll have to move a
copy to the mac system folder.  I also read that I
need to use quik to boot becuase bootx does something
to disable the second processor before the kernel can
use it.  Is this true?  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Harold