Install on TiBook

Dave Naylor yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 11 12:43:00 2002

Hi

I decided to do a clean install of 2.2.  I did have 2.1 located on the si=
ngle=20
drive of my TiBook after OS9 and OSX, which lived on their own partitions=
=2E  I=20
deleted the 2.1 partition and then created "/" "swap" and a 10 MB partito=
n=20
for boot.  The installer ran fine until I got to "Checking for package=20
Dependencies".  As soon as that stage finished and "Transferring packages=
"=20
kicked in, it would spin the CDRom twice, then report "Package Install=20
Failed".

I reasoned that perhaps I should do a clean install of everything so I=20
followed the YDL instructions, and installed OSX and OS9 on partitions af=
ter=20
one I left as unallocated for 2.2.  I then when through the same procedur=
e=20
creating the 3 required Linux partions only to have the install fall over=
 at=20
exactly the same point.

2 CDRom spins and then the failure message.=20

Anyone any ideas?

--=20
   0   Dave Naylor
  <|>