Install problems on Performa 6400

Scott Strungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 11 21:05:01 2002

>Hi,
>
>I see symptoms very similar to what I experienced yesterday night and
>summarized in previous post.
>I would suggest you restart text install of either kernel you want. Do the
>expert mode.
>Select your partitions from free space (bootloader, swap, root), mount the
>partitions, format the partitions then do not go next step (package install)
>but revert to mount point selection to view settings. In my case, they were
>plain wrong, the installer changed my entries and assigned root to the 10 MB
>bootloader partition and did not mount the big partition. I corrected
>manually my mount points (no mount for bootloader, root for the big one)
>then stepped forward to the package selection / installation.
>
>Let me know,
I get the same error on my HD space challenged 2400c and Clone.  Both
have 1 gig drives.  My 6360 / G3 upgraded Mac has a 2 gig partition
for YDL 2.1.  I got the transaction set errors on my PowerBook and
Clone, and not on the 6360.  I chalked it up to low HD space.

How much HD space does a Home/Office install need?

Scott