Airport Help!!

Nathan Weil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 13:41:01 2002

Well, if you have YDL-2.1, here's how I did it.

cp ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth1
pico ifcfg-eth1
--chng Device to eth1
** I don't want eth0 loading on boot, so I changed ONBOOT to NO, from
YES in ifcfg-eth0
/sbin/modprobe airport
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start

This works for me.  I do have to type in the /sbin/modprobe airport,
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop, and /etc/rc.d/init.d/network start each
time I reboot.  You can automate this, but I'm not bothered by this,
plus I can be anal and this way I know works.  If you use Gnome, which I
do, start the NetLoad applet, and you can see when it connects, it peaks
on the chart.  Also, I don't have any encryption on my Base Station.  If
you do, there are some more steps to do.  If you search under the YDL
website, for airport, check the page w/ the 2.4 kernel.  HTH.  Now if
only I could figure out how to get more than 650K/s throughput, I'd be
happy, :-).

Nathan