Upgrades of KDE Dammit Dammit Dammit!

Scott Strungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 19:56:01 2002

OK!

I am a noob running 2.1 on a g4 upgraded 6360 and would like to upgrade to
KDE 3.0.  I checked out the website and found that the upgrade requires QT 3.
 I dled what I thought was correct (file:/home/Scotty/PyQt-3.1-1.ppc.rpm) and
got a lot of dependency errors.  So I dled the other like files in that
listing on the ftp and got MORE dependency errors!

How do I get out of this tangle?

Oh BTW, for that fellow having trouble with the 1 gig drive on the
8500....You need more than 1 gig for root for YDL.  I have attempted an
install on two machines that have one giggers in them and both have failed
with transaction set errors.  A larger drive should work as I am tapping this
out from my 6360 G3 in KMail.

Please help a Linux nube upgrade his GUI?  I should I shell out $30 for the
newest CD?

Scott Strungis