Why go to 2.2

Nathan Weil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 23:22:02 2002

Ok,here's a question for everyone.

	Why should I upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2?  Right now, everything I want is
working.  I am actually seriously contemplating moving from OS X to
YDL.  It is SO much faster for me, at least mentally, as long as I don't
launch Mozilla, dog slow, prefer Opera actually.
	Anyway, right now I have Ximain Gnome running w/ Window Maker, Airport,
and everything works, except Sawfish, but that's ok.  I've seen post
saying that Ximian doesn't work w/ 2.2, and to not force it unless you
know what you're doing.  Frankly, I'm completely confused by the RPM
thing, so I don't know how to force it as others have done.  I love
Ximian, and Evolution in particular, wow that software is great!
	The only thing I've seen, is that KDE is upgraded, which I don't use,
and I can change the filesystem to ext3, which would be nice, but all I
need to do is upgrade yaboot to do that right?  I couldn't find any
compelling reasons to move to 2.2, especially because it doesn't work
for me.  Not even X works straight from the install, complains about it
can't find the font 'fixed'.

Separate question, where is a good place to find info on the RPM
system?  I'm still used to double-click and install.  I realize what it
does, just not how it's done.

Thanks,
	Nathan