Upgrades of KDE Dammit Dammit Dammit!

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 13 14:09:01 2002

On Saturday 13 April 2002 11:44 am, John wrote:
> I just downloaded the RPMs made for YDL 2.2 from kde's ftp.  I just
> downloaded the entire directory, then when I got them all on my system =
> deleted the stuff I didn't need (some language packs, all the PIM stuff=
,
> etc).  From here just follow the instructional message that you should =
have
> seen when you were downloading the RPMs.  They give you the command to =
use
> to erase the old KDE (if applicable) and then the line to install the n=
ew
> one.  I had a couple of odd programs complain about dependences (nothin=
> major).  I had those libs so I just forced install anyway.
> Hope that helps.

Pretty much thats it, although you could move the qt stuff to a seperate=20
folder, install those first, then install the kde base stuff, then in a t=
hird=20
folder, install the applications.

Youi may also search the KDE list for "HOWTO" thread therein, explains ho=
w to=20
get the user help files working properly - essentially requires a downloa=
d=20
from the beta directory of RH 7.3 and then build from a src rpm.
--=20

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com