Install Woes on my G4 Sawtooth

Ken Simpson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 13 16:57:01 2002

Thanks Dan for your advice re the installation problems, but I am
still having difficulty.

G4/500 Sawtooth AGP Rage 128 640MB RAM 40GB and 30GB HDD

Downloaded rome-2.2-20020407-install.iso md5sum was fine

burnt it onto a CD-RW with no problems using Toast

Partitioning
10MB bootloader (/boot)
256MB swap (swap)
11.4GB root (/)

install OK until package selection time when I get this error

Message box: "Error- errors running transaction set! Please correct this
manually." (hit "Okay" button)

Message box: "Package install failed." (hit "Okay" button)

Message box: "Network setup error: Setup was unable to locate a network
device." (hit "Okay" button)

Message box: "This module has suffered a FATAL error! Choose continue to go
forward (this is risky and may cause damage to your system), quit to abort
the installation, or debug to enter the Python debugger."

Please mail this message to bugs@yellowdoglinux.com

Bug report traceback:

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
"/usr/lib/yi/timezone.py", line 56, in doList
dir_list= os.listdir (path)

file "/usr/lib/yi/timezone.py", line 58, in GetTimeZoneInfo
list= self.dolist (path, list)

file "/usr/lib/yi/timezone.py", line 35, in configure
self.GetTimeZoneInfo (  )

file "/usr/lib/yi/template.py", line 57, in _ _CALL _ _
return self.configure (args)

In case it was a bad burn, I have now burnt it onto a CD-R, but with
exactly the same results.

Can anyone offer any wisdom?

Thanks
--