Strange Audio Problem YDL2.2

Christopher yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 02:21:00 2002

I just installed YDL 2.2 today and the first thing I am trying to do is
play audio cds. I have used XMMS and it plays the cd(consequently
recognizes it as well) but no sound from the speaker. I plugged in head
phones but no luck either(in case it was the speakers problem). I can
navigate XMMS to the /mnt/cdrom and see the songs, the status bar in
XMMS says the songs are playing, I can add the songs from the cd to the
playlist but no sound. If i play with the sound mixer (mute on/off) I
can hear that little electrical crackel in the headphones when I switch
the mute on and off but nothing else. Same story with CD PLAYER.

iBook (original Blueberry single USB)
3GB hard disk
288 MB ram
YDL 2.2/OS9 dual boot