G4 vs. G3

Bob Beaton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 15:27:01 2002

MJF,

Good question, and I'd like to know the answer as well. I have a G3
upgraded with a MaxPowr G4/500 card. Using the standard OF boot-up
procedure, the AltiVec functionality does not get turned on. Thus, I've
basically got a 500 MHz G3. Hopefully I've just missed a step in fully
utilizing my processor under YDL, but it's not been obvious to me what
the solution is.

Bob