external monitor & sound

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 15 10:09:01 2002

After checking to see if the yd installed was mapping mount points to
the incorrect partitions like others had mentioned (it wasn't), I
figured out why my install was dying.  My md5sum had checked out, but
what looked like a cd with no scratches apparently wasn't...

So, I have a working 2.2 install on my Ti.  Two questions though.
Anyone have any pointers/ urls for getting an external monitor going?
Also, right now my sound comes out of the built-in speakers, and not the
external speakers I have plugged in.  In 2.1, it came out both.  Is
there a way to make all non-system sounds come out of just the external
speakers when they're plugged in?