YDL 2.2 network won't start

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 16 03:15:01 2002

Hi everybody,

I just installed YDL 2.2 from scratch on a Performa 5200CD. Install went
without any problems. Upon rebooting, network won't start up. Typing on
a console results in the following:

[root@san-d root]# service network start
Setting network parameters: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface lo: [ OK ]
Cannot open netlink socket: Address family not supported by protocol

The funny thing is when I use netconfig, from console or X, to set all
the parameters, network comes up automatically, but i have to do this
upon every reboot. I checked the appropriate files
[/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth0 ...], they are all there and
correct. I assume that it must have something to do with modules maybe?
The machine worked correctly under a clean YDL 2.1 install. So what
changed between YDL 2.1 and YDL 2.2 in the networking section?

Kernel is 2.4.5 patched for nubus macs. Any help appreciated.

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040