Minimum OS9 install for Oldworld and BootX?

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 02:55:01 2002

> I don't care about Mac OS 9, I'm never going to use it, but apparently I
> need it installed to boot Yellow Dog with BootX.

You need a version of MacOS - use 8.6 if you have it because it's a smaller
install.  To install YDL you need a partition just big enough to
accommodate your chosen MacOS.  I would guess at about 300 Mbytes.

> What is the recommended way to install Mac OS 9 so that it is as small as
> possible since I'm only going to use it for booting Yellow Dog?

Choose the minimum install or a customised install.  You can use a
customised MacOS installation and uncheck all the superfluous items eg
QuickTime/QuickDraw 3D, Remote access, printer support etc.

  Iain