Minimum OS9 install for Oldworld and BootX?

Shawn Dunn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 06:19:01 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:13:43 +0100
Paolo Cordone <pghc@eircom.net> wrote:

> At 4:01 -0500 on 17/4/02, Michael J. Denton wrote:
>
> >I agree. If you can use OS 8.6 since it has a smaller install footprint.
> >Using a custom install I was able to reduce my OS 8.6 install footprint
> >down to about 80 megs.
>
> I have also installed 8.6 on a partition of about 250 Megs. It works
> well and leaves just enough space on my Mac OS disk to do some work,
> if necessary.

Why use 8.6?  7.5.5 works on pretty much everything up till the G3's were released, and will install into a partition less than 50MB, and is perfectly BootX Happy, or at least has been on all of my oldworld junk.

				--Shawn