Burning ISO images in OS X?

Eric D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 08:04:01 2002

on 16/4/02 15:36, Stefan Jeglinski at jeglin@4pi.com wrote:

>> Works fine as long as your CD-Burner is a supported burden
>
> And you'd think the burner that came with the Mac itself (dual 533
> G4, 10.1.3) would work. But no, I burned 4 YDL iso coasters like this
> before I before it finally worked perfectly the first time on an
> external Que drive. Go figure.

OS X still doesn't seem happy with my 2/2/4 LaCie USB coaster-writer either
(well, Ok, using Toast Titanium 5 for OS 9 I have yet to write a coaster so
it's not the drive (though, it could be b/c it didn't stop burning the
occasional coaster until I hit Toast 5)).

The built-in OS X burning software doesn't seem capable of writing to the
CD-RW (connected to on-board USB (B/W) without any other USB devices (using
ADB keyboard/TurboMouse) on the bus). It starts, the writing light comes on
for ~2-3 seconds and then stops. The software then just seems stuck in a
loop until I force-quit it <grumble>.