Wow

Eric D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 08:09:00 2002

on 17/4/02 02:57, Robert Brandtjen at rob@prometheusmedia.com wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 April 2002 01:52 am, Nathan Weil wrote:
>> OK, sorry, this is somewhat OT.  Why the heck is YDL so incredibly fast
>> on my iBook2, but OS X is just so-so.  I know the graphics has something
>> to do with it, but EVERYTHING is faster in YDL than OS X.  OK, I'll
>> leave you guys alone to answer questions again.  Just had say how happy
>> I am with this distro, considering re-formating the HD with a smaller OS
>> X partition, and a bigger YDL partition.  Wow....
>=20
> Hehehe - no finder ?
> hehehe

Touch=E9. Apple could do wonders for OS X by re-writing the Finder. Why the
!#$@!^# !#$!@# is it soooo damn inefficient (Carbon app can't be the whole
story... someone's really slacking as far as their programming duties are
concerned)?

OmniWeb flies and manages to do multiple-threads with ease. Why can't the
Finder do the same thing? (it's not like the Finder really _does_ much that
they couldn't spend the resources re-writing it (the one thing I will give
XP is that M$ opitimised the GUI for speed (though, damn, it's just as
unstable as Win 98 and equally prone (if not _more_ to corruption)... a
friend's had to do a full reinstall of Win XP Home Edition TWICE now (& the=
don't do fancy stuff with their computer... they run the basics) (the
"revert" to a previous state feature is kind of cool though)))