Noisy Imac

Henrik Farre yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 10:40:00 2002

Yello

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:27:06 +0000 (UTC)
fons@devreede.org wrote:

> I have a noisy Imac, same problem in both 2.1 and 2.2, where using X
> (KDE or Gnome) causes the speakers to crackle all the time.
> It gets worse when I move the mouse or something changes on the
> screen. And when I try to print (have not got that one working yet) I
> can'hear' the data being send somewhere (but not to my printer :( )
>
> Anyway, has anybody had the same or similar problem, and/or knows
> a solution?

I had the same problem on my i386 desktop, and I found that Line,Mic and
so on was turn all the way up, so I muted with aumix. You could also use a
diffrent mixer but aumix does the job, and also your settings are read at
boot time.

--
Mvh. / Kind regards
Henrik Farre < enrique AT obel DOT auc DOT dk >