YDL 2.2 install fails at transfering packages

Pete Peters yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 10:49:02 2002

Lately, there have been a number of posts w/ this error message, i.e.
"errors running transaction set."

<begin rant>
Someone at YellowDog (after all, it *IS* your installer) needs to read both
Microsoft's and Apple's guidelines about providing useful error messages.
That error message is useless geek-speak. How about being proactive and not
proceding with the install, and informing the user there's insufficient
drive space?
<end rant>

The "usual" problem appears to be trying to install on a 1GB or less drive
or partition. You didn't say what size your hard drives are nor the drive
size/partition scheme that was successful on your Performa 5200. Btw, the
nubus-pmac people <http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net> would probably  be
very interested to know that you successfully installed YDL 2.2 on a
Performa.

Cheers.

Pete