Wow

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 12:38:01 2002

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 01:21 pm, Pete Peters wrote:
> ...and everyone, including the "reviewers," complained about this lack =
of a
> basic and familiar Macintosh usability, so Apple put it back. Now why t=
he
> heck they didn't rewrite it...

they were silly and closed minded, OSX server 1.2 had a much faster and m=
ore=20
powerful file browser then the finder can ever hope to be - in the arly d=
ays=20
OS 8.x, the big theme guy for Macs ported a version to it and it was his=20
biggest download.

I had never had any problems traversing the directory structure with an=20
RBrowser type interface - Apple should have made the finder an app which=20
could be turned off and the old file browser then turned on.

Apple also knows it has major problems with HFS+, hence the hiring of the=
=20
former BeOS file system guys. HFS+ has a myriad of problems with it in th=
e=20
short term, let alone the long term - while we're at it, HEY JOBS DROP TH=
E=20
DAMN ONE BUTTON MOUSE. I can no longer imagine life without a 3-button mo=
use=20
- truly enabled system. And I much prefer the unix copy/paste method over=
 the=20
Mac way, love that "highlight/click middle button" routine, fast as hell.

--=20

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com