CD's refuse to mount in YDL 2.2

Stephen J. Sanders yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 18 10:18:01 2002

>>/
/>>/ Do you have a CD-R/W drive?  I ran into a similar problem trying to
/>>/ access the Tasty Morsels CD after
/>>/ installing YDL 2.2.  It turned out that the advisory on the YDL
/>>/ home page for CD-R/W drives applies to more than just the initial
/>>/ installation.   In my case, the CD worked fine after I rebooted using the
/>>/ hdc=ide-scsi qualifier.
/>>/ ...steve
/
>I should have figured as much.  One thing though: at what point in the
>startup do I type in: hdc=ide-scsi?  Can you talk me through it in another
>post?  Much thanks!

>vick

I've been doing this on the boot command.  So, rather than replying

linux-novideo

I enter

linux-novideo hdc=ide-scsi

I need to boot -novideo since I have a radeon card with an LCD display.  Regardless
of what is claimed, I don't think this combination is yet supported in YDL 2.2.

...steve