YDL 2.2 install fails at transfering packages (update)

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 02:26:01 2002

Hi everybody,

it really seems, that 2GB as / is not enough to install
Development/Workstation. After choosing Home/office, the install went
without any probs. Whether or not Paolo's statement below applies, I
can't tell, as out of frustration, at my last attempt, I simply checked
Home/Office, to avoid going through all the menues of choosing packages
again.

> Alexander,
>
> I don't know whether this is related to the problem you are having,
> but I have not been able to install YDL 2.2 if I customise my
> installation. As soon as I start selecting individual packages, the
> installer just sits there at the exact spot you mention. However, if
> I go for the easy installation (in my case the 'Home/Office" one)
> everything installs fine.
>
> Paolo

This is after install plus mc, gmc and all three vnc packages:

/dev/sdb8             1.8G  1.3G  521M  71% /
/dev/sda2            1014M  140k  962M   1% /home
/dev/sdb6              32M   17M   15M  52% /mnt/Boot_Linux
none                   37M     0   37M   0% /dev/shm

Now VNC doesn' work %:{ see new thread

Thanks again for all comments,

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040