3dfx-VooDoo 3 on YDL-2.2

SStrungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 09:04:01 2002

I have a working Voodoo3 card in both the Mac OS and YDL 2.1 on a G3
upgraded Performa 6360.

I flashed the card's ROM with version 12 of the beta drivers from
Voodoo.  That makes the card's firmware recognize the fact that it is
in a Mac's PCI slot, and not a PC's.

I am running 8.6 on the 6360 at this time with 136 MB of RAM.

YDL started the XServer without a single hiccup.  I get 800x600 at 16
bit color without trouble.

Not sure of which kernel.  I am still using the stock YDL 2.1 kernels
included with the installer disk.  It's the one that shows Tux the
Penguin with a Beer in his left fin.

Hope this helps.  Prior to this I had to use a custom kernel argument
with BootX for YDL to use the Performa's stock Valkyrie card at
higher rez.

Scott