Networking help!

Scott Strungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 10:05:01 2002

Hi,

Finally got YDL 2.1 installed on my PowerCenter Mac utilizing an
external HD.  I am using a fully loaded 9.1 bootloader on another HD
with BootX as needed.  Problem is that I cannot successfully
configure TCP/IP networking via KDE.  I have written down all the
appropriate settings from my Mac's TCP/IP control panel and tried to
duplicate them in KDE but I keep timing out using Konquerer and such.
Can anyone tell me how to match the settings and terms up between the
two operating systems?  My job's net access uses a dedicated server
address and fixed IP to get net access.  All works perfectly on the
Mac OS side of things.

Mail on or off list, please.
Thanks!
Scott Strungis