Minimum Support MacOS on G3?

Pete Peters yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 13:29:01 2002

Dax,

The Beige G3 must have MacOS v8.0 or newer. Another great location for basic
info on Apple Hardware is Apple's Spec Database at;

<http://www.info.apple.com/support/applespec.html>

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Gordon Neault
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:40 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: Minimum Support MacOS on G3?

According to my usual sources, the G3/233 requires MacOS 8.0 or greater,
so you should be OK.
For future reference, you may want to bookmark this page:
http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/g3.shtml

As far as I know the iMac CD's install on anything. A more likely problem
is that the G3 requires a minimum version higher than your 8.5 CD; in
general you need the same version it shipped with but there are exceptions,
   so give it a try.

I'm not sure what it shipped with.

It is Power Mac G3 233Mhz desktop beige. How do I know what the minimum
Mac OS required is?

Pardon my ignorance in the Mac hardware and Mac OS world.

Dax