Wow - leave the one button mouse alone

Shawn Dunn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 11:27:01 2002

> What you say about ATMs is spot on, and has driven me nuts for ages. The
> quality of most design is appalling. Pick an everyday object that is
> designed in many different ways, say a door handle, and just observe for a
> couple of weeks all the different variations. You'll see the world
> differently afterwards. Most are pretty poor.

> >  It really is incredible how bad most interfaces are too. Ever notice how
> >most ATMs, when asking you how much $ you want to withdraw, let you ask
> >for $0.20? What kind of brain dead interface is that? Of course the
> >machine can't let you withdraw 20 cents! This sort of brain dead design is
> >*everywhere* unfortunately.

	You know what always cracks me up about ATM's?   Braille on the keys, especially on the driveup versions, this is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen, even on a standalone walk-up atm, I've tried it, and there's no way to make an ATM talk to you via audio, so what use is the braille?  if you can't SEE the screen, braille is pretty useless, no?  And the concept of Braille on a driveup ATM is just too ridiculous to even go into  =]

				--Shawn