Printing with USB (Epson C60)

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 14:32:01 2002

>Hello,
>I have problems installing my printer.
>Searching the net only gets me more and moere confused as to what to do
>and
>wich programs to use to get my Epson C60 (USB) to work on YDL-2.2
>
>Can anybody help, or give me directions to a comprehensive(!) website.

Check these links:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/
http://www.ebbs.com.au/~mark/cups-gimp-print.html

I suspect that you will need CUPS and gimp-print to get the C60 working.
I just went through this with an Epson C40UX.

I installed KDE 3.0 (which includes CUPS) then you compile the latest
version of gimp-print with CUPS support (see the second link). Works
well although I can't seem to make the printer available to my other
local area machines via a CUPS server-- I assume this is because of
gimp-print's involvement.Hopefully a newer version of CUPS will include
support for the newer Epson printers.

Pat
--
Embrace the penguin...