Setting up an alias ethernet interface

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 22 05:09:01 2002

Hi y'all

I remember that it was possible to set up an alias ethernet interface
with netcfg. i can't find this command in YDL2.2 any more. The "network
Configuration" in the Systems menue does not allow new interfaces to be
added. How can one achieve this now. Should I install linuxconf - I
remember some time ago a statement from YDL that linuxconf wasn't the
tool of choice and that's the reason it wasn't included in the distro.

I need to set this machine up to route|masquerade between a private
network [192.168.1.x] and a "real" network on the same wire to test some
machines and routing issues.

Any help appreciated.

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040