VNC-Server 3.3.3r2 from YDL 2.2 tasty CD crashes

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 22 06:31:01 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, SStrungis wrote:

> My Ethernet question refers to the fact that identical network
> settings between YDL and the Mac OS's TCP/IP cp result in a timeout
> error under KDE and good net connections under the Mac OS.  There are
> more settings to mess with under KDE than TCP/IP and I am not sure
> how they all translate.  All works at home for me under a DHCP
> setup...But my job uses dedicated IP addresses for the servers and
> for individual Mac and Windows workstations.

If your settings really are identical, and if TCP/IP works fine under
DHCP, then it should work.

If you do

$ route -n

on your box when configured with "work" IP settings, do you have a good
default gateway? You should see something like:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.0.32  	0.0.0.0         255.255.255.224 U     0      0        0 eth0
127.0.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
0.0.0.0         192.168.0.33  	0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

for example.

This is the most common problem - no default gateway, or wrong default
gateway. Without output of "route -n" and "ifconfig eth0" I can't tell if
you need to do anything else.

--
Simon White