USB printer driver association?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 23 09:10:01 2002

I'm running YDL 2.2.  I have a PowerCenter with a PCI
USB card connected to a hub which has a printer
connected to it through a USB-to-parallel adapter.

When I boot Linux with the everything attached, I get a
message that the adapter was detected but that it
couldn't be associated with an active driver.  I have
wait for booting to complete, unplug the adapter from
the hub, and plug it back to get the USB driver to
assign it the usblp device driver.  Then I can print.

Is there any way to make that association happen without
the physical unplugging and replugging?  I'd like to be
able to reboot remotely and have full functionality
rather than having to make a trip to the computer to get
printing back.