Yaboot does not appear on boot up.

wmkruse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 23 14:55:01 2002

The YDL 2.2 installation appears to have gone straight forward, however
when I reboot, I do not get yaboot and it only boots to Mac without any
choice, whether or not Linux or Mac is set as the default.

I've tried both Mac and Linux as the boot default.
I've tried graphical and text boot mode.

I used the "Default" installation profile

My partition is as follows:

/dev/hda6: ~4 GB HFS MacOS9
/dev/hda7: ~4 GB HFS MacOSX (experimental)
/dev/hda8: ~4 GB HFS MacOSX
/dev/hda9: ~20 GB HFS storage space MacOS9
/dev/hda10: ~20 GB HFS storage space MacOSX

/dev/hda11: HFS 10 MB bootloader partition
/dev/hda12: Linux swap 128 MB
/dev/hda13: ext2 5103 MB Linux root partition

Package Selection: Everything

Are there too many partitions or does the boot partition need to be
before hda6?  I have had YDL2.1 running on this machine before and don't
remember having this problem.

Tony

Mac G3 Blue&White tower
300 MHz (lots 'o' ram)